In 1913 St. Jozefsheim monastery was opened by the brothers of Fransiscus. It consisted of a chapel, office, school and two other buildings. Pressure from the Nazis made the Fransiscans leave the monastery in 1937. In 1939 it became an euthanasia center for those who were not welcome in Nazi Germany. In the period between 1939 and 1943 512 people died.
In 1952, the buildings returned to the Fransiscus Order. They sold it in 1955 to the English army. Until 1963 the British used it as a military hospital. Then it was converted into a school called Kent School. In 1992, the school was closed, it’s empty and for sale.